Ex-Publicity Official on Trial for Bribery
A former high-level publicity-department official from Hunan province is on trial for alleged bribery and possessing illicit assets worth 75 million yuan ($11.9 million).
Zhang Wenxiong, director of the Publicity Department for Hunan’s provincial party committee between August 2015 and November 2016, was charged with taking more than 23.4 million yuan for himself and his wife from associates between 2002 and 2016, and in return helping them get promoted and win bids for government contracts, court documents claim.
- 1Caixin View: China Feels Chill From Trouble in Turkey
- 285-Year-Old Petitioner, in Poor Health, Denied Parole
- 3Update: ‘First Fully Homegrown’ Browser Outed as Based on Google’s Chrome
- 4In Depth: HNA Charts New Course Back to Airline Basics
- 5Banned From Planes and Trains, Jia Yueting Hands Over U.S. Car Startup’s China Business
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas