China Smartphone Sales Power Down in First Quarter
China’s smartphone market performed worse than any other major global region in the first quarter of this year, with demand down by 6% as the market suffered from saturation, according to data-tracking firm Gfk.
The soft performance in China, the world’s largest smartphone market, compared with a 2% contraction for global smartphone sales, which totaled 347 million units during the three months through March, Gfk said in its quarterly report published on Wednesday. North America also saw a 5% drop in demand, while the figure was down by 2% in Western Europe.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas