Quick Take: Baidu First-Quarter Profit Nearly Quadruples
Internet giant Baidu Inc.’s profit surged 277% year-on-year in the first quarter, buoyed by strong online advertising sales.
Profit hit 6.7 billion yuan ($1.1 billion) for the three months ending March 31, according to a statement on Friday. The company’s operating profit rose to 28% to 4.6 billion yuan, while revenue jumped more than 30% to 20.9 billion yuan.
- 1China’s Moon Explorer Posts Photo of Sprouting Cotton Plant
- 2Huawei Canada Exec Quits as Scandal Continues to Embroil Company
- 3Luckin Coffee Reportedly Seeks IPO in Hong Kong
- 4Bank of China to Test Waters for Perpetual Bonds
- 5Apple Chief Counsel Accuses Qualcomm of Holding Smartphone-Makers for ‘Ransom’
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas