Quick Take: Baidu First-Quarter Profit Nearly Quadruples
Internet giant Baidu Inc.’s profit surged 277% year-on-year in the first quarter, buoyed by strong online advertising sales.
Profit hit 6.7 billion yuan ($1.1 billion) for the three months ending March 31, according to a statement on Friday. The company’s operating profit rose to 28% to 4.6 billion yuan, while revenue jumped more than 30% to 20.9 billion yuan.
- 1Caixin View: China Feels Chill From Trouble in Turkey
- 285-Year-Old Petitioner, in Poor Health, Denied Parole
- 3In Depth: HNA Charts New Course Back to Airline Basics
- 4On Beijing’s Orders, Tsinghua May Give Up Control of Chipmaker Units
- 5Banned From Planes and Trains, Jia Yueting Hands Over U.S. Car Startup’s China Business
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas