Locals Remember Deadly Sichuan Earthquake, 10 Years On
On May 12, 2008, Beichuan High School teacher Li Gang was in the middle of a P.E. lesson with his class when the field they were standing on began to move.
He immediately realized that, as he later put it, “something big was about to happen.” The ground began to buckle, and some of his students fell over. As Li anxiously called for the teenagers to crouch down in a circle, a nearby school building collapsed, crumbling “just like a sandcastle,” sending a cloud of dust out over the students’ heads.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas