Qatar Steps In to Rescue Rosneft’s Troubled Stake Sale to China
Qatar is taking a nearly 19 percent stake in Rosneft, rescuing the Russian oil major from its stalled deal to sell a major stake to China's CEFC.
Glencore, a Swiss mining giant, said it has sent a notice to CEFC to terminate plans to sell a $9.1 billion stake in Rosneft, according to a statement on Friday.
Qatar's sovereign investment fund QIA initially bought 19.5 percent in Rosneft together with Glencore for 10.2 billion euros ($12.2 billion) during the Russian firm's partial privatization in 2016.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas