Newcomer Surges to Top of Electric-Vehicle Battery Market
* Fujian-based CATL has managed to pull ahead of other big players in the electric-vehicle battery industry over the last four years.
* However, the battery-maker faces uncertainties once the Chinese government phases out subsidies and other preferential policies for electric vehicles by the end of the decade
(Beijing) — It took only four years for Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Ltd. (CATL), previously a little-known business in Ningde, Fujian province, to seize the crown as the world’s top maker of batteries for electric vehicles.
- 1In Depth: Tesla Charges Into China
- 2China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 3Update: China’s New Credit Growth Hits Record High
- 4 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 5China Suspends Registration of Direct Selling Firms
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas