Newcomer Surges to Top of Electric-Vehicle Battery Market
* Fujian-based CATL has managed to pull ahead of other big players in the electric-vehicle battery industry over the last four years.
* However, the battery-maker faces uncertainties once the Chinese government phases out subsidies and other preferential policies for electric vehicles by the end of the decade
(Beijing) — It took only four years for Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Ltd. (CATL), previously a little-known business in Ningde, Fujian province, to seize the crown as the world’s top maker of batteries for electric vehicles.
- 1Exclusive: Fallen Chief of Bad-Asset Manager Had Tons of Cash — Literally
- 2 Opinion: Trump’s China ‘Poison Pill’ May Hit Australia
- 3Shenzhen Has Billion-Dollar Bailout Plan For Local Companies
- 4Spy Camera Discovery Creates Outrage at Apartment Leasing Specialist
- 5China's Stock Rout Puts $613 Billion of Share Pledges at Risk
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas