Newcomer Surges to Top of Electric-Vehicle Battery Market
* Fujian-based CATL has managed to pull ahead of other big players in the electric-vehicle battery industry over the last four years.
* However, the battery-maker faces uncertainties once the Chinese government phases out subsidies and other preferential policies for electric vehicles by the end of the decade
(Beijing) — It took only four years for Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Ltd. (CATL), previously a little-known business in Ningde, Fujian province, to seize the crown as the world’s top maker of batteries for electric vehicles.
- 1Caixin View: China Feels Chill From Trouble in Turkey
- 285-Year-Old Petitioner, in Poor Health, Denied Parole
- 3Update: ‘First Fully Homegrown’ Browser Outed as Based on Google’s Chrome
- 4In Depth: HNA Charts New Course Back to Airline Basics
- 5Banned From Planes and Trains, Jia Yueting Hands Over U.S. Car Startup’s China Business
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas