Volkswagen Picks Chinese Battery-Maker in EV Push
Volkswagen has picked China’s largest electric-car battery-maker, Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. (CATL), to supply batteries in its acceleration in the hot electric-vehicle (EV) market.
Volkswagen Group China’s public relations department confirmed the decision to Caixin on Wednesday. The German auto giant said it will add other battery suppliers for its ambitious EV plan in the future.
- 1Update: China Demands Answers for Swedish Police’s ‘Brutal’ Treatment of Tourists
- 2China Could Ban Exports of Products Crucial to U.S. Manufacturers, Former Finance Minister Says
- 3 State-Owned Firms to Build $6.5 Billion Petrochemical Refinery in Alberta
- 4Bad Bank’s New Boss Begins by Erasing Fallen Predecessor’s Legacy
- 5Merck Slashes Key Cancer Drug Price for China
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas