Carmakers Charged With Electric-Vehicle Battery Disposal
China is placing responsibility for properly recycling vehicle batteries on new-energy carmakers — an effort to prevent environmental pollution in the emerging sector.
The new guidelines, which will take effect in August, also include rules for related industry players such as battery producers.
The guidelines — which were jointly issued Monday by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology and six other agencies — said new-energy car producers and their sales units must set up “recycling service networks,” where spent batteries will either be repaired for reuse or properly disposed of.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas