SoftBank’s Massive Vision Fund Plans for a Sequel
The world's biggest technology fund is getting even bigger.
Masayoshi Son, the CEO of SoftBank Group Corp., disclosed Tuesday that his $100 billion Vision Fund will soon launch a second fund.
Son didn’t give a specific timeline, but the Japanese entrepreneur said at a forum in Tokyo that the Vision Fund 2.0 would come “sometime in the near future.”
Son has held preliminary discussions with investors about committing to a second fund as early as 2019, according to Bloomberg, citing people close to the talks. The people said the planned fund would most likely draw a wider pool of investors than the first one and is likely to be similar in size.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas