Debt-Ridden Smartphone Maker Gionee Lines Up Rescuer
A private Chinese smartphone maker facing a mounting debt crisis said it lined up an unidentified government-backed rescuer.
Gionee Communication Equipment Co.’s finance chief told a meeting of more than 50 suppliers and creditors Wednesday at the company’s headquarters that a company with a “state capital background” is planning to take over Gionee and that a restructuring is on the horizon. The chief financial officer, He Dabing, said the company’s total liabilities amount to 20 billion yuan ($3.1 billion).
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas