Citic Unit Takes Board Chairmanship in CEFC Europe
(Reuters) — A unit of China’s state-owned Citic Group has taken over the chairmanship position at CEFC Europe, a Czech-based part of the troubled Chinese conglomerate CEFC China Energy, CEFC Europe said Monday.
Ren Xia, executive director of Rainbow Wisdom, a unit of Citic, was named to the board and elected chairwoman, according to a statement on CEFC Europe’s website.
The move showed that CITIC is proceeding with a plan to take at least partial control over CEFC assets. On Friday, CITIC repaid around 12 billion crowns ($544 million) of debt on behalf of the CEFC group to Czech banking and private equity group J&T.
CEFC Europe said earlier that Citic would take a 49% interest in the Czech assets. A CEFC Europe spokesman said Monday he could not confirm what the final shape of the deal would be.
The board replacement means that a crisis management team put in by creditors J&T earlier this month is leaving the firm.
Assets of CEFC Europe include Czech charter airline Travel Service, owner of the national carrier Czech Airlines; brewery group Lobkowicz; hotels and office buildings; the machinery company Zdas; and first-division soccer club Slavia Prague.
Jul 20 05:12
Jul 20 05:06
Jul 19 18:23
Jul 19 18:00
- 1Beijing Breathes Cleanest Air on Record
- 2Exclusive: Head of China Development Bank’s Shandong Branch Commits Suicide
- 3Peking University Scientists Pioneer New Gene-Editing Technology
- 4In Depth: Camsing Fraud Allegations Spotlight Supply-Chain Finance
- 5More Financial Institutions Exposed to Camsing Fraud Scandal
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas