Citic Unit Takes Board Chairmanship in CEFC Europe
(Reuters) — A unit of China’s state-owned Citic Group has taken over the chairmanship position at CEFC Europe, a Czech-based part of the troubled Chinese conglomerate CEFC China Energy, CEFC Europe said Monday.
Ren Xia, executive director of Rainbow Wisdom, a unit of Citic, was named to the board and elected chairwoman, according to a statement on CEFC Europe’s website.
The move showed that CITIC is proceeding with a plan to take at least partial control over CEFC assets. On Friday, CITIC repaid around 12 billion crowns ($544 million) of debt on behalf of the CEFC group to Czech banking and private equity group J&T.
CEFC Europe said earlier that Citic would take a 49% interest in the Czech assets. A CEFC Europe spokesman said Monday he could not confirm what the final shape of the deal would be.
The board replacement means that a crisis management team put in by creditors J&T earlier this month is leaving the firm.
Assets of CEFC Europe include Czech charter airline Travel Service, owner of the national carrier Czech Airlines; brewery group Lobkowicz; hotels and office buildings; the machinery company Zdas; and first-division soccer club Slavia Prague.
Nov 18 18:34
Nov 18 18:06
Nov 18 15:37
Nov 18 14:03
Nov 18 14:12
Nov 18 13:09
Nov 18 11:25
Nov 18 10:05
Nov 16 04:00
Nov 16 04:22
Nov 16 03:43
Nov 15 17:49
Nov 15 15:25
Nov 15 13:33
Nov 15 13:59
- 1Two Persons Diagnosed With Pneumonic Plague in Beijing
- 2In Depth: Is the Sharing Economy Bubble Bursting?
- 3Beijing Plague Patients Were Medical Transfers, Further Cases in Capital Unlikely: Officials
- 4Asian Markets Struggle to Capitalize on China-U.S. Trade War
- 5Top Bank Regulators Move to Defuse Jitters After Two Bank Runs
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas