Citic Unit Takes Board Chairmanship in CEFC Europe
(Reuters) — A unit of China’s state-owned Citic Group has taken over the chairmanship position at CEFC Europe, a Czech-based part of the troubled Chinese conglomerate CEFC China Energy, CEFC Europe said Monday.
Ren Xia, executive director of Rainbow Wisdom, a unit of Citic, was named to the board and elected chairwoman, according to a statement on CEFC Europe’s website.
The move showed that CITIC is proceeding with a plan to take at least partial control over CEFC assets. On Friday, CITIC repaid around 12 billion crowns ($544 million) of debt on behalf of the CEFC group to Czech banking and private equity group J&T.
CEFC Europe said earlier that Citic would take a 49% interest in the Czech assets. A CEFC Europe spokesman said Monday he could not confirm what the final shape of the deal would be.
The board replacement means that a crisis management team put in by creditors J&T earlier this month is leaving the firm.
Assets of CEFC Europe include Czech charter airline Travel Service, owner of the national carrier Czech Airlines; brewery group Lobkowicz; hotels and office buildings; the machinery company Zdas; and first-division soccer club Slavia Prague.
May 20 18:56
May 20 18:10
May 20 16:29
May 20 16:52
May 20 14:33
May 20 13:05
May 20 12:21
May 20 10:24
May 18 05:15
May 18 05:03
May 18 04:08
May 17 18:39
- 1Opinion: Jack Ma’s ‘669’ Sex Joke Reinforces Tech’s Culture of Gender Harassment
- 2China Boosts Hydrogen Fuel Cell Investment in Green Energy Push
- 3Jack Ma Faces Backlash for Telling Employees How Often to Have Sex
- 4In Depth: Surveillance Equipment Giant Hounded by Competition, Security Concerns
- 5Huawei to Seek Remedies in Face of U.S. Ban
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas