Citic Unit Takes Board Chairmanship in CEFC Europe
(Reuters) — A unit of China’s state-owned Citic Group has taken over the chairmanship position at CEFC Europe, a Czech-based part of the troubled Chinese conglomerate CEFC China Energy, CEFC Europe said Monday.
Ren Xia, executive director of Rainbow Wisdom, a unit of Citic, was named to the board and elected chairwoman, according to a statement on CEFC Europe’s website.
The move showed that CITIC is proceeding with a plan to take at least partial control over CEFC assets. On Friday, CITIC repaid around 12 billion crowns ($544 million) of debt on behalf of the CEFC group to Czech banking and private equity group J&T.
CEFC Europe said earlier that Citic would take a 49% interest in the Czech assets. A CEFC Europe spokesman said Monday he could not confirm what the final shape of the deal would be.
The board replacement means that a crisis management team put in by creditors J&T earlier this month is leaving the firm.
Assets of CEFC Europe include Czech charter airline Travel Service, owner of the national carrier Czech Airlines; brewery group Lobkowicz; hotels and office buildings; the machinery company Zdas; and first-division soccer club Slavia Prague.
Jul 07 18:50
Jul 07 13:17
Jul 07 04:13
Jul 06 19:37
Jul 06 19:03
Jul 06 14:34
Jul 03 18:31
Jul 03 16:35
Jul 03 12:42
Jul 02 19:38
Jul 02 16:33
Jul 02 14:50
Jul 02 13:28
Jul 02 12:04
Jul 01 19:08
- 1China Is About to Run Out of Places to Store Crude Oil
- 2Trending in China: Chinese Netizens Tell Indian Prime Minister Modi To ‘Shut The Door On The Way Out’ As He Quits Weibo
- 3TikTok Owner Predicts Over $6 Billion in Losses From India Apps Ban, Sources Say
- 4Chinese Self-Driving Truck Firm Aims to Cover Most of U.S. by 2024
- 5Intel Halts Chip Supply to Leading Chinese Server-Maker
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas