Geely-Tencent Duo Wins Bullet Train’s Wi-Fi Project
A partnership formed by China’s largest private automaker and internet giant Tencent has won the bidding for the national railway operator’s Wi-Fi project, shelling out 4.3 billion yuan ($673 million).
Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Co. will own 39% in Bullet Train Networks Technology Ltd., an onboard Wi-Fi provider wholly owned by the state-owned railroad operator China Railway Corp. (CRC), while Tencent Holdings Ltd. will take another 10%, sources familiar with the matter told Caixin.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas