Tencent Eyes Bullet Train Wi-Fi
Social media giant Tencent Holdings is looking at the burgeoning Wi-Fi business on China’s fast-running bullet trains in hopes of extending its access to the massive data of urban travelers.
Zhang Wei, vice president of Tencent’s Internet Plus division, told Caixin Thursday that the company will bid for a stake in Bullet Train Networks Technology Ltd., an onboard Wi-Fi provider wholly owned by state railroad operator China Railway Corp. (CRC).
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas