Doctor Sentenced to Prison After 5 Women Infected With HIV
A doctor at one of Zhejiang province’s top hospitals has been sentenced to two and half years in prison for medical malpractice that resulted in five women becoming infected with HIV.
Zhao Jinfang, a chief technician at the clinical laboratory of Zhejiang Provincial Hospital of TCM, had alerted hospital administrators over her failure in December 2016 to comply with basic lab rules in miscarriage preventive treatments for 34 women, court documents recently released show. Five of those women later tested positive for HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.
- 1Caixin View: China Feels Chill From Trouble in Turkey
- 285-Year-Old Petitioner, in Poor Health, Denied Parole
- 3In Depth: HNA Charts New Course Back to Airline Basics
- 4On Beijing’s Orders, Tsinghua May Give Up Control of Chipmaker Units
- 5Banned From Planes and Trains, Jia Yueting Hands Over U.S. Car Startup’s China Business
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas