Two Foreign Hedge Funds Get Go-Ahead to Tap Chinese Investors
Bridgewater Associates LP and Winton Group Ltd., two of the world’s top hedge funds, have been given the go-ahead to invest in China’s onshore securities such as stocks, bonds and commodity futures using money raised from domestic investors.
Applications by the firms’ wholly owned Chinese units to register as private investment fund managers were accepted on Friday by the Asset Management Association of China (AMAC), the government-backed agency that acts as a regulator and trade body for the industry. The registrations, posted (links in Chinese) on the association’s website on Monday, take the number of foreign companies planning to offer such funds to 13.
- 1 Own Goal? China Company Faces Massive Customer Refund If France Wins World Cup
- 2HNA Unveils New Leadership Lineup After Death of Co-Chairman Wang
- 3Opinion: How Did China Leapfrog Everyone in E-Commerce?
- 4Luxury Brands Slash Price Tags in China
- 5Debate Over China’s Fiscal Policy Heats Up as Growth Slows
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas