Shandong Paper-Maker Supersizes Laos Plant
Shan Dong Sun Paper Industry Joint Stock Co. Ltd. will spend more than $600 million on a major upgrade for a production facility in Laos, seeking to make it profitable by recycling waste paper imported from North America and Europe.
Sun Paper’s board has approved an additional investment of $673 million into the plant in Laos’ Savannakhet province, more than doubling the previous $433 million in total investment since the facility’s establishment in 2010, the company said in a Wednesday filing to the Shenzhen Stock Exchange.
- 1Opinion: Sacrificing Half the World’s People Undercuts ‘The Wandering Earth’s’ Humanistic Message
- 2Two Large Chinese Borrowers Are Said to Miss Bond Payments
- 3China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 4Holiday Spending Bodes Poorly for China’s Economy This Year
- 5Indebted Chinese Investment Firm Turns to Thai Conglomerate for New Co-Chairman
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas