China Telecom, Unicom Shuffle Execs, Fueling Merger Speculation
The smaller two of China’s three major wireless carriers have announced a series of top executive moves simultaneously, fueling speculation that Beijing could be contemplating a merger between China Telecom and China Unicom.
China is the world’s largest mobile market with more than 1 billion subscribers, nearly all getting service from the three big carriers — China Telecom, Unicom and industry leader China Mobile. China Mobile is the dominant player in the group, controlling about 60% of the market, leaving the rest with Unicom and China Telecom combined.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas