Third Chinese City to Open Economic Mission in Israel
(CTech) — Next month, Xiamen, a port city on China’s southeast coast, will open a trade mission to Israel, becoming the third Chinese city to do so this year. The other two are Beijing and Dongguan, an industrial center in southern China.
All three initiatives are designed to help facilitate business ties between Chinese companies and Israeli entrepreneurs offering technological innovation.
Traditionally, Israeli businesses have looked to strike partnerships and market products in the U.S. and Europe where linguistic and cultural barriers are minimal compared to China. But a global realignment of economic and political interests and the growing reputation of Israel’s tech sector have combined to open up new opportunities in East Asia.
The scale of Chinese cities—even modestly sized ones like Xiamen have millions of residents—means that that country’s municipal governments are large enough to provide the foreign commercial aid usually supplied by the embassies of national governments.
Starting in August, representatives of the Xiamen Torch Hi-Tech Development Zone will scout for technological innovation for the Chinese city’s largest companies from an office of Tel Aviv, according to an announcement made on Sunday.
This article was first published at CTech.
Nov 19 17:23
Nov 19 16:25
Nov 19 15:34
Nov 19 15:00
Nov 19 14:44
Nov 19 13:42
Nov 19 10:49
Nov 19 02:18
Nov 18 18:34
Nov 18 18:06
Nov 18 15:37
Nov 18 14:03
Nov 18 14:12
- 1Two Persons Diagnosed With Pneumonic Plague in Beijing
- 2U.S. to Extend Huawei Reprieve by Allowing It to Continue Trade With U.S. Clients: Report
- 3Beijing Plague Patients Were Medical Transfers, Further Cases in Capital Unlikely: Officials
- 4Top Bank Regulators Move to Defuse Jitters After Two Bank Runs
- 5In Depth: The Rise and Fall of Asian Twin Cities
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas