PBOC Fines 5 Firms for Money Laundering Violations
China’s central bank fined five financial institutions for violating anti-money laundering law as part of a crackdown that started last year on the 10th anniversary of the legislation.
This was the first time for the Beijing head office of the People’s Bank of China (PBOC) to slap money-laundering fines on financial institutions. Previously only regional offices of the central bank imposed penalties against local lawbreakers.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas