In Wake of Alibaba Succession News, Xiaomi Puts Younger Executives in Leadership Spots
Chinese tech companies’ succession plans have been in the spotlight this week, with the founders of e-commerce behemoth Alibaba Group Holdings Ltd. and smartphone-maker Xiaomi Corp. both announcing plans to put younger executives in leadership positions.
Analysts said that this will help generate the fresh ideas needed to keep the companies competitive.
“Enterprises urgently need to have younger decision-makers to keep pace with their consumers, who are getting younger and are very digital savvy,” said Wang Xi, a Beijing-based technology analyst with data-tracking firm IDC.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas