This Week’s Movers and Shakers
| World of Finance
New Hong Kong chief securities watchdog: PwC adviser Tim Lui Tim-leung (雷添良) will be the new chairman of Hong Kong’s Securities and Futures Commission, taking over from Carlson Tong Ka-shing (唐家成). He starts a three-year term on Oct. 20. Lui is also a deputy to the National People’s Congress, China’s top legislature.
Revenge of the nerds at CSDC: The director of the central bank’s Digital Currency Research Lab, Yao Qian (姚前), will become the new general manager of China Securities Depository and Clearing Corp. Ltd. (CSDC), a cornerstone of China’s financial infrastructure. Dai Wenhua (戴文华), the current general manager, will become chairman, replacing Zhou Ming (周明).
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas