Internet Users Turn on Sweden Over TV Show Ridiculing Chinese Tourists
China’s Foreign Ministry has demanded an apology from a Swedish TV program that broadly mocked Chinese tourists, which followed a recent dispute between three Chinese tourists and a Stockholm hostel that initially sparked criticism of the tourists among Chinese internet users.
Swedish state television broadcaster Sveriges Television AB (SVT) has refused to apologize, saying that the satirical nature of the program may have been lost in translation, but acknowledged that a brief video clip from the show that was uploaded to Youku.com could easily be taken out of context.
- 1In Depth: Tesla Charges Into China
- 2China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 3Update: China’s New Credit Growth Hits Record High
- 4 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 5In-Depth: Investment Group CMIG Starts Asset Sales Amid Liquidity Crunch
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas