Rhino-Horn Trade Revives, Thanks to Social Media
Users on China’s popular, multifunctional WeChat app are selling “unicorn disks” — the name black-market traders call rhino-horn slices.
The rhino-horn trade has been illegal in the country for 25 years. But it hasn’t stopped some traders from offering it in private chat groups, where they also supply other illegal items like ivory and tiger hides, under euphemistic names designed to evade WeChat’s keyword blockers, Caixin found.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas