Chinese Security-Systems Maker to Default On Bond Buyback
Security-systems maker China Security Co. Ltd. announced on Thursday that it will not buy back its bonds as promised next month, becoming the latest Chinese company to default on its securities.
China Security said it wasn’t able to raise enough money for it to buy back its 1.1 billion yuan ($158 million) in bonds if investors were to choose to sell them now, and so it will cancel the buyback that was scheduled to take place on Nov. 11, according a company filing (link in Chinese) to the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas