Shipbuilder Makes Foray into Cruise Sector With Carnival Corp. Deal
China State Shipbuilding Corp. (CSSC) has sealed a deal worth as much as $4.6 billion to build up to six cruise liners for U.S. leisure travel giant Carnival Corp., as both companies gear up to tap the country’s thriving cruise market.
Under the deal, a recently formed Carnival-CSSC China venture will place orders for two cruise ships to be built by Shanghai Waigaoqiao Shipbuilding Co. Ltd., a CSSC subsidiary, the state-owned shipbuilder said in a filing (link in Chinese) to the Shanghai Stock Exchange on Tuesday.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas