Chart of the Day: China’s Delivery Boom
The number of packages delivered in China last month rose 25.2% to 4.7 billion
China’s delivery services continued to notch steady growth last month. The industry’s monthly revenue in October rose 19.6% year-on-year to 53.4 billion yuan ($7.7 billion), according to a report published Tuesday by the State Post Bureau.
Graphic: Gao Baiyu/Caixin
In October, 4.7 billion packages were delivered in China, up 25.2% year-on-year, according to the report (link in Chinese). Through October this year, China’s army of couriers delivered 39.4 billion packages, an increase of 26.6% from the same period last year. The industry took in 478 billion yuan in revenue over the period.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas