Charts of the Day: China Spends $45 Billion on ‘Double 11’
Chinese shoppers have spent 314.3 billion yuan ($45.1 billion) so far on this year’s ‘Double 11’ sale, an orgy of online shopping that has become of the Chinese equivalent of Black Friday and Cyber Monday in the U.S.
Chinese consumers cheerfully snapped up everything from smartphones to clothing to groceries online during the event, with Alibaba, JD.com, Suning.com, Pinduoduo and Amazon doing the most business.
Graphic: Gao Baiyu/Caixin
Although China is the center of the action, overseas shoppers were able to take advantage of some of the discounts on international e-commerce sites.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas