In Depth: Alipay and WeChat May Have Grown Too Big to Fail
Alipay and WeChat Pay, China’s two online-payment behemoths, have more users than any of the country’s biggest banks.
That’s been great for business, but it has also now put them on the radar of financial regulators looking to create a list of the institutions so big and so connected that they could pose a threat to the country’s financial system, Caixin has learned from multiple sources close to the authorities.
- 1In Depth: Tesla Charges Into China
- 2China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 3Update: China’s New Credit Growth Hits Record High
- 4 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 5China Suspends Registration of Direct Selling Firms
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas