Xi Pledges to Control Drug That Killed 29,000 Americans Last Year
China has agreed to list the powerful synthetic opioid fentanyl as a “controlled substance” in a move that the White House called a “wonderful humanitarian gesture.”
The announcement came after a highly-anticipated dinner between U.S. President Donald Trump and President Xi Jinping at the end of the two-day G-20 summit in Buenos Aires on Saturday. The designation means people in China who sell fentanyl to people in the U.S. “will be subject to China’s maximum penalty under the law,” according to a White House statement.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas