London-Shanghai Stock Link to Launch Next Week, State Media Reports
A program that will allow both Chinese mainland and U.K. companies to list on each other’s stock markets is likely to launch on Dec. 14, almost three years after it was first discussed, state media reported Tuesday.
A kick-off event for the London-Shanghai stock link will be held in London next week and will be accompanied by an announcement of a group of Chinese and U.K. companies that will be allowed into the program, according to the state-backed China Securities Journal. Trading through the program won’t start until after January.
- 1Opinion: Sacrificing Half the World’s People Undercuts ‘The Wandering Earth’s’ Humanistic Message
- 2Two Large Chinese Borrowers Are Said to Miss Bond Payments
- 3China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 4Holiday Spending Bodes Poorly for China’s Economy This Year
- 5 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas