China to Allow Local Governments to Issue Bonds via Bank Counters
China is expanding a pilot program to allow retail investors to buy local government bonds at bank counters, in a bid to prop up demand in the bond market.
Retail investors can currently only buy local government bonds through the Shanghai or Shenzhen bourses. Regulators last month issued a notice to broaden the number of venues at which individual and institutional investors can buy local government debt to include bank counters, but this was limited to bonds already issued.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas