Portugal Agrees to Promote Belt and Road as EU Moves to Raise Scrutiny
Portugal edged closer to joining the Belt and Road Initiative, China’s ambitious plan to develop global infrastructure, although it stopped short of a full endorsement as the European Union moved to increase scrutiny of Chinese investment.
China’s President Xi Jinping signed (link in Portuguese) 17 memorandums of understanding with his Portuguese counterpart President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa, during a state visit on Tuesday.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas