Update: Huawei 5G Equipment Shunned in Britain, Embraced by Portugal
Telecom giant Huawei Technologies suffered a new setback in Britain as its equipment got frozen out for use in leading carrier BT Group PLC’s core networks, even as the controversial company won a smaller victory with reaffirmation for its products from Portugal.
The BT case spotlights a growing tide of concern toward the world’s leading telecom equipment maker in major Western markets, where some suspect that Huawei may have ties to Beijing that could be used for spying – something the company denies. But while major countries like the U.S. and Britain are backing away from Huawei, smaller ones like Portugal have yet to voice similar concerns.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas