Anbang Seeks a Rich $2.44 Billion for Bank Stake
China’s Anbang Insurance Group Co., whose founder was imprisoned after the government took over the company earlier this year, has put its controlling stake in a rural bank up for sale to comply with regulations.
The embattled financial conglomerate is asking 16.8 billion yuan ($2.44 billion) for its 35% stake in Chengdu Rural Commercial Bank, according to a filing with the Beijing Financial Assets Exchange on Wednesday. The listing period will end Jan. 9, 2019, according to the filing.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas