In-Depth: China’s Leading Gay Dating App Navigates Rough Waters
Blued — China’s largest dating app for gay men— was once vaunted as a safe space where users could socialize and express themselves, protected from the stigma they face in wider Chinese society.
The app, founded by a former policeman and backed by investors including Hong Kong-based CDH Investments, boasts 40 million registered users, including 12 million outside China. It has evolved from a simple app allowing users to match and chat with each other to one offering functions like e-commerce and livestreaming now considered prerequisites for success among Chinese apps.
- 1U.S. to Formally Request Extradition of Huawei’s Meng: Globe and Mail
- 2Apple Chief Counsel Accuses Qualcomm of Holding Phone-Makers for ‘Ransom’
- 3Update: China’s Economic Growth Dips to 28-Year Low
- 4Gallery: Demolishing the ‘Great White House’
- 5In-Depth: A Winter Storm Looms for China’s Tech Sector
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas