In-Depth: China’s Leading Gay Dating App Navigates Rough Waters
Blued — China’s largest dating app for gay men— was once vaunted as a safe space where users could socialize and express themselves, protected from the stigma they face in wider Chinese society.
The app, founded by a former policeman and backed by investors including Hong Kong-based CDH Investments, boasts 40 million registered users, including 12 million outside China. It has evolved from a simple app allowing users to match and chat with each other to one offering functions like e-commerce and livestreaming now considered prerequisites for success among Chinese apps.
- 1China’s Moon Explorer Posts Photo of Sprouting Cotton Plant
- 2Huawei Canada Exec Quits as Scandal Continues to Embroil Company
- 3Luckin Coffee Reportedly Seeks IPO in Hong Kong
- 4Bank of China to Test Waters for Perpetual Bonds
- 5Apple Chief Counsel Accuses Qualcomm of Holding Phone-Makers for ‘Ransom’
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas