Xiaomi Buys Stake in Home-Appliance Maker TCL
Xiaomi Corp. has purchased a stake in Chinese home-appliance giant TCL Corp. in a deal that will boost the smartphone-maker’s expansion into the home electronics market.
As of Jan. 4, Xiaomi had bought 65.17 million shares, or 0.48% of the total, on the public market, TCL said in a statement (link in Chinese) to the Shenzhen Stock Exchange over the weekend. It is not clear when the shares were purchased.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas