Opinion: China's Demographic Crisis Is a Reality
China registered 15.23 million births in 2018, 2 million fewer than 2017 and sharply lower than all government estimates.
The number, made public by the National Bureau of Statistics on Jan. 21, stood in stark contrast with estimates made by China's National Health and Family Planning Commission.
The commission had estimated that after China started relax birth control policies and to allow all couples to have a second child in late 2015, births in 2018 would range between 20.82 million and 22.94 million.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas