Yuan Bonds to Join Benchmark Bloomberg Index in April
Bloomberg will phase in yuan-denominated Chinese government and policy bank bonds to the Bloomberg Barclays Global Aggregate index starting in April, marking the Chinese debt market’s first inclusion in a major global gauge.
The expected move grows out of Beijing’s policy changes to improve foreign access to China’s financial markets. The same day, China’s top securities regulator announced a plan to expand options for foreign investors through the country’s two main inbound investment programs.
- 1In Depth: Tesla Charges Into China
- 2China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 3Update: China’s New Credit Growth Hits Record High
- 4 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 5China Suspends Registration of Direct Selling Firms
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas