Trump Reportedly Says He’ll Be President Again Soon, Snowden Accuses Biden, One U.S. State’s Novel Vaccine Incentive
Here’s today’s ranking of the 10 most-read international stories in China, which we’ve compiled to help you get a sense of what’s trending in the Chinese language sphere.
1. Trump reportedly claims that he expects to be ‘reinstated’ as president by August
2. American whistleblower Edward Snowden accuses U.S. President Joe Biden of being “deeply” involved in eavesdropping on European allies from 2012 and 2014, during which time he was vice president
3. The U.S. state of West Virginia plans to give out guns as an incentive for its residents to get vaccinated
4. India’s drug industry is close to shutting down due to the pandemic
5. France and Germany “seek full clarity” from the U.S. and Denmark about their alleged spying on senior European officials
6. In an effort to raise Russia’s fertility rate, an official there suggests incentive policies for families with three or more children, such as allowing fathers to retire early
7. Chinese robots are being used more widely than those of its rival Boston Dynamics, Russian media says
8. The operator of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant prepares to release 30,000 tons of radioactive wastewater into the ocean
9. Apple ranks among the most profitable companies in the U.S., Fortune Global list says
10. Vietnam microchip manufacturers suspend operations amid Southeast Asia’s Covid-19 surge
Read the top 10 domestic news on the same day.
Translated by reporter Cai Xuejiao.
The daily ranking of most read news stories among Chinese people, about China and global affairs, is jointly provided to you by Caixin Insight and HANA Data, an artificial intelligence technology team.
The key indicators calculated on the list are based on mass data sourced from China’s mainstream social media platforms and online news websites. Click here for a detailed introduction to our methodology.
- MOST POPULAR