Chinese Swimmer’s Ban Over Doping Violations Reduced, U.S. Unlikely to Meet July 4 Vaccination Target, Indian Pilgrims Undeterred by Covid
Here’s today’s ranking of the top 10 most-read international stories in China that we’ve compiled to help you get a sense of what’s trending in the Chinese language sphere. While these headlines can help give you a sense of what Chinese netizens are interested in, the veracity and accuracy of the headlines hasn’t been independently verified by Caixin.
Social media users are concerned about Chinese swimmer Sun Yang’s ban from competing over doping violations being reduced from eight to over four years. They also continue to follow U.S. Commerce Department’s decision to lift restrictions on TikTok and WeChat.
1. Chinese swimmer Sun Yang’s ban from competing over doping violations reduced from eight years to four years and three months
2. U.S. Commerce Department lifts restrictions on TikTok and WeChat
3. Disgraced former South Korean President Park Geun-hye’s house will be auctioned in August
4. Taiwan’s leader Tsai Ing-wen mourns the death of U.S. President Joe Biden’s dog
5. More than 41,000 people in the U.S. have signed petitions to stop Amazon founder Jeff Bezos from returning to Earth after he announced his trip into space
6. China donates 100,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses to Oman on the condition that Chinese nationals get vaccinated first
7.Chinese Ambassador to the U.S. Cui Tiankai issued a farewell letter Monday, confirming he’s going to leave his post after eight years of service
8.White House says the U.S. is unlikely to meet the goal of partially vaccinating 70% of adult Americans by July 4
9.Indian pilgrims bathe in Ganges River despite surge in local Covid-19 cases
10.Foreign Ministry urges Chinese nationals in Afghanistan to leave the country amid a growing insurgency and violence
Read the top 10 domestic news on the same day.
Translated by reporter Cai Xuejiao
The daily ranking of most read news stories among Chinese people, about China and global affairs, is jointly provided to you by Caixin Insight and HANA Data, an artificial intelligence technology team.
The key indicators calculated on the list are based on mass data sourced from China’s mainstream social media platforms and online news websites. Click here for a detailed introduction of our methodology.
- MOST POPULAR