China Green Bulletin: China Pledges $31 Billion of Credit to Back Clean Utilization of Coal
The Caixin ESG biweekly has been upgraded to the China Green Bulletin! And what you receive is the free biweekly version. Sign up here for our twice-a-week email to keep updated with green, energy and ESG news from China.
China pledges $31 billion of credit to back clean use of coal
Nov 17 — The People’s Bank of China (PBOC) will establish a special relending facility of 200 billion yuan ($31.3 billion) to support the clean use of coal, including cleaner methods of coal utilization, such as smart mining, more-efficient coal-fired power plants, clean residential and industrial heating, and development and utilization of coalbed methane. An expert said that the clean coal loans and carbon-reduction support mechanism launched earlier this month will act as two pillars at the central bank level to promote low-carbon development in China.
Caixin Insight, the research arm of Caixin Global, is a strategic advisory helping clients assess policy risk and macroeconomics in China.
- 1China to Encourage Low-Emission Gasoline Cars Amid Green Push
- 2Hong Kong Allows Airlines to Restart Boeing 737 Max Flights
- 3China Sees Smaller Spillover Impact From Fed Moves Than Before
- 4In Depth: China’s Lagging Expansion of Medical Infrastructure
- 5Evergrande to Hire Advisers on Debt Risks, Creditor Demands
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas