China Green Bulletin: Beijing’s Plan for Setting Eco-Friendly Industry Standards
The Caixin ESG biweekly has been upgraded to the China Green Bulletin! And what you receive is the free biweekly version. Sign up here for our twice-a-week email to keep updated with green, energy and ESG news from China.
China to Establish Standard System for Green Industries
The Standardization Administration of China has joined seven other government bodies in issuing a plan on the standardization work during the 14th Five-Year Plan period (“十四五”推动高质量发展的国家标准体系建设规划). According to the plan, a series of regulations will be published over the next five years in green tech industries including efficient energy usage, renewable energy, CCUS (carbon capture, utilization and storage) and other low-carbon technologies, as well as services like emission MRV (measurement, reporting and verification), climate information disclosure, and green finance to help achieve China’s carbon goals.
Caixin Insight, the research arm of Caixin Global, is a strategic advisory helping clients assess policy risk and macroeconomics in China.
- 1Energy Insider: China’s New-Energy Vehicle Industry Booms
- 2Tesla Accounts for Half of China’s 2021 NEV Exports
- 3Lithium Price Breaks Record on Tight Supply Concerns
- 4CX Daily: Delivery Times Likely To Stretch After Beijing Warns Omicron Could Have Traveled In Mail
- 5South China Omicron Cluster Grows as Travel Bans Imposed
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas