Fisher: Bullish Vibes Brewing Beneath Covid Woes and Global Pessimism
Take a leap! At the gap between expectations and reality, that is — always the chief driver of the stock market. At present, it may be a big daunting chasm. Fear of the impact of the tragic, grinding war in Ukraine and hot overseas inflation. Fear of the “tightening” at central banks across the world hurting China’s export demand. And prolonged Covid restrictions in Shanghai and Beijing. All this and more has torpedoed global sentiment thus far this year. But beneath the sour surface lurk powerful positives — extra strong because they are unseen. Their stealthy presence amid widespread gloom upends global recession fears and provides evidence that brighter days are ahead for China stocks.
Ken Fisher is the founder and executive chairman of Fisher Investments, a money management firm serving large institutions and high net worth individuals globally.
- 1Cover Story: The Vision of Singapore’s Next Prime Minister
- 2Local Chinese Governments Paid $148 Billion in Interest in 2022
- 3In Depth: A Metal Tycoon’s Liquidity Woes Disrupt China’s Copper Trade
- 4Update: Seven Things to Know About China’s Latest IPO System Overhaul
- 5China’s Provinces Target Household Spending in Plans for Post-‘Zero Covid’ Recovery
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas