China Green Bulletin: Building a Climate-Resilient Society by 2035
You are receiving the free biweekly version of China Green Bulletin. Sign up here for our twice-a-week email to keep up to date on green, energy and ESG news out of China.
Top News Items
China plans to build a climate-resilient society by 2035
The Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE), National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), and 15 other departments issued a 2035 national strategy (国家适应气候变化战略2035) to strengthen China’s climate resilience, emphasizing both adaptation and mitigation in the face of the serious adverse effects brought by climate change. According to the strategy, China plans to develop a “climate-resilient society” by 2035, build a nationwide system to monitor and assess climate change risks, and improve society’s capacity to prevent and control natural disasters. Compared with the 2013 strategy, the newly released plan highlights climate-change monitoring, early warning measures and risk management.
Caixin Insight, the research arm of Caixin Global, is a strategic advisory helping clients assess policy risk and macroeconomics in China.
- 1In Depth: How Chinese Factories Are Finding Their Way to Mexico
- 2In Depth: How SoftBank Wrestled Back Control of Arm China
- 3Boeing Pain From U.S.-China Trade War Seen in Airbus Buying Bonanza
- 4China’s Plunging Land Sales Threaten Local Government Coffers
- 5Chinese Tech Giants Cut Back on Office Space in Shenzhen
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas