China Green Bulletin: Energy Security Clashes With Emissions Target
You are receiving the free biweekly version of China Green Bulletin. Sign up here for our twice-a-week email to keep up to date on green, energy and ESG news out of China.
As global warming accelerates and days hotter than 35 degrees Celsius become common, deadly heatwaves this summer have swept China, Europe and much of the northern hemisphere. In 2022, energy security is colliding with emission reduction plans, driving a resurgence in coal and nuclear power. Read here for why the world is burning up and here for the challenges it brings to the global energy system.
Caixin Insight, the research arm of Caixin Global, is a strategic advisory helping clients assess policy risk and macroeconomics in China.
- 1Cover Story: China’s ‘Zero-Covid’ Looks Done. So, What to Expect Next?
- 2Analysis: Guangzhou Becomes Test Case for Coexistence With Covid in China
- 3Beijing City Government Denies Rumors That Covid Controls Set to be Scrapped
- 4China Eases Quarantine Rules, Lifts Travel Test Requirements in Covid Policy Overhaul
- 5China Relaxes Restrictions on Overseas Loans So Developers Can Repay Dollar Bonds
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas