China Green Bulletin: Beijing Plans to Bolster Green Construction
You are receiving the free biweekly version of China Green Bulletin. Sign up here for our twice-a-week email to keep up to date on green, energy and ESG news out of China.
Data centers have become a hot investment in China and other parts of the Asia-Pacific region, with investors pouring billions of dollars into the industry. But the facilities’ voracious appetite for electricity poses a major hurdle for developers, which are facing both soaring energy prices just as governments are trying to wean their countries off fossil fuels. Read more here for how electricity-hungry data centers are hamstrung in Asia by a shift in favor to more expensive renewable energy sources.
Caixin Insight, the research arm of Caixin Global, is a strategic advisory helping clients assess policy risk and macroeconomics in China.
- 1In Depth: China’s Plan to Break Foreign Iron Ore Dependence — Mine More at Home
- 2China Threatens ‘Strong and Resolute Countermeasures’ to Pelosi Taiwan Visit
- 3Yuan Bonds Debut in Russia as Challenge to Dollar Dominance Builds
- 4Hong Kong to Announce Hotel Quarantine Cut as Soon as Monday
- 5Cover Story: Graft Scandal Casts Long Shadow Over China’s Chipmaking Ambitions
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas