China Green Bulletin: Beijing Plans to Bolster Green Construction
You are receiving the free biweekly version of China Green Bulletin. Sign up here for our twice-a-week email to keep up to date on green, energy and ESG news out of China.
Data centers have become a hot investment in China and other parts of the Asia-Pacific region, with investors pouring billions of dollars into the industry. But the facilities’ voracious appetite for electricity poses a major hurdle for developers, which are facing both soaring energy prices just as governments are trying to wean their countries off fossil fuels. Read more here for how electricity-hungry data centers are hamstrung in Asia by a shift in favor to more expensive renewable energy sources.
Caixin Insight, the research arm of Caixin Global, is a strategic advisory helping clients assess policy risk and macroeconomics in China.
- 1Cover Story: China’s Tobacco Monopoly Is Swept Up in Corruption Probes
- 2China’s Factory Activity Gets Back to Growth, but Recovery Remains Patchy, Caixin PMI Shows
- 3China’s EV Industry Calls on Regulators to Curb the Back-Seat Driving
- 4Weekend Long Read: Five Tasks for China’s Next Stage of Opening-Up
- 5In Depth: China’s Proposed New Curbs on Private Securities Funds Spark Controversy
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas