China Green Bulletin: Calls for a Rethink on Coal, Beijing Extends NEV Tax Exemptions
You are receiving the free biweekly version of China Green Bulletin. Sign up here for our email to keep up to date on green, energy and ESG news out of China.
As China moves closer to its renewable energy targets, it has confronted the worst heatwave in at least 60 years, which is drying up reservoirs and crippling hydropower stations in the southwestern province of Sichuan, the country’s largest producer of renewable energy. Read here to better understand how the country is rethinking its use of coal in its energy mix amid increasingly frequent extreme weather.
Caixin Insight, the research arm of Caixin Global, is a strategic advisory helping clients assess policy risk and macroeconomics in China.
- 1In Depth: Solving China’s Soaring Youth Unemployment
- 2Fugitive Billionaire Guo Wengui Arrested in New York
- 3China Strengthens Communist Party Oversight of Financial Sector
- 4Regulators Tighten Grip on China’s $2.9 Trillion Private Fund Industry
- 5LONGi Green Energy to Build $600 Million Solar Panel Plant in U.S.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas