China Green Bulletin: Beijing Says Climate Talks Halt Is Washington’s Fault
You are receiving the free biweekly version of China Green Bulletin. Sign up here for our twice-a-week email to keep up to date on green, energy and ESG news out of China.
Top News Items
China launches green bond principles to standardize domestic market
A new set of guidelines for green bonds (中国绿色债券原则) aims to strengthen the framework for a market that has been plagued by differing standards. Under the new principles, issuers must put all proceeds from the bonds toward green projects. Issuers will be encouraged to disclose how these projects are doing by obtaining third-party certification, so as to reduce concerns that have so far hindered overseas’ investors involvement in the green bond market.
Caixin Insight, the research arm of Caixin Global, is a strategic advisory helping clients assess policy risk and macroeconomics in China.
- 1In Depth: Cash-Strapped Local Governments Turn to Financing Vehicles to Plug Fiscal Shortfalls
- 2Weaker Demand for Chinese Goods Spells End of Shipping Boom
- 3China Foreign Minister Urges U.S. to Clearly Denounce Taiwan Separatist Activities
- 4In Depth: Has China’s Monetary Policy Reached Its Limit?
- 5Former Head of Exim Bank’s Beijing Branch Kicked Out of Communist Party
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas