Wang Tao: Key Takeaways From China’s Central Economic Work Conference
The much-awaited annual Central Economic Work Conference (CEWC) concluded on Friday, outlining the Chinese government's main economic objectives and policy plans for 2023.
In the conference readout, the senior leadership put the “stabilization” of growth, the labor market and inflation as its top priorities, and urged government agencies to improve collaboration and increase macro policy support.
Wang Tao is the head of Asia economics and chief China economist of UBS Investment Bank.
- 1Weekend Long Read: Liu He’s Davos Speech Explained
- 2Alibaba Seen Fighting Off Cohen’s Pressure for Stock Buybacks
- 3China to Resume Overseas Group Tours Feb. 6 to 20 Countries
- 4In Depth: China Boots Record Number of Companies From Its Bourses
- 5China Shivers Through Freezing Lunar New Year as Temperature Records Tumble
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas