China Green Bulletin: Lithium Tops Out
Companies along China’s electric vehicle (EV) supply chain, from miners to battery-makers and car companies, have been riding high on an EV buying spree. And the price of lithium, a key raw material in most electric car batteries, has soared in tandem, drawing billions in capital from a diverse group of investors. But when the wave of demand downstream is breaking, analysts and industry insiders predict a supply glut and plunging prices of the metal this year. Read more here for how the price of this silver-white light metal took a rollercoaster last year and impacted the whole EV industry
Caixin Insight, the research arm of Caixin Global, is a strategic advisory helping clients assess policy risk and macroeconomics in China.
- 1In Depth: China Boots Record Number of Companies From Its Bourses
- 2China Shivers Through Freezing Lunar New Year as Temperature Records Tumble
- 3China Urges Los Angeles Community to be Vigilant After New Year’s Day Mass Shooting
- 4Bolivia Picks CATL-led Consortium to Develop Untapped Lithium Deposits
- 5In Depth: What’s in Store for Yuan Internationalization in 2023?
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas